Abbey Road, Sun Studios, and Capitol Studios are some of the well-known recording studios. These studios are even referred to as legends as they were the ones who produced some of the best artists like Elvis Presley and The Beatles. Typically, these places consist of rooms such as the machine room, the control room, and others as well as equipment that commonly includes a multi-track recorder, a mixing console, and many more.
So, if each of these studios has the same equipment, how do they differ from each other? If you were to observe and listen to every song that they produce, you would hear the quality and uniqueness that it has.
What can you expect if you were to go to a recording studio? Well, consider yourself lucky as there are only two reasons why you are in that place. This could be (1) you are just there visiting or (2) you are there to record your album.
Below are some of the things that you can expect inside the studio:
1. Be prepared – the moment that you have entered the studio, it means that you are ready to do your recording. Before the day of the recording, check all the equipment that you will be needed. The recording might take the entire day to work hard on completing your craft.
2. Let the pro to do the directing – since you have already spent your money on your recording, and it is just necessary to let the engineer do the directing of your music. They are more knowledgeable and are experienced in this field.
3. Editing – this can be a tedious process, but if you have rehearsed and had prepared well for your recording, then editing will be done quickly.
4. Mixing – on this step, the song will be tested on various outputs to check whether it is of a good quality or not.
5. Mastering –after the editing and the mixing in the recording studio, this is the most important process that your recorded song or album will go through. It is like the last phase before you let the world hear your masterpiece.
Are you ready to let the world hear your musical masterpiece?